Wednesday, December 21, 2011

8 Weeks

how far along? 8 weeks, Wednesday 12/21/2011
how are you measuring? ????
size of baby?
medium green olive
heartbeat? ???????
total weight gain/loss? 0
maternity clothes? Nope normal clothes although I have noticed I've been bloated
stretch marks? Nope. I have started slathering my stomach with Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter.
sleep?
Still not sleeping that great. I'm just restless. I try to go to bed early. It seems I'm not having a problem falling asleep; I'm just waking up multiple times through out the night.
best moment this week? Sharing the exciting news with our family this last week. Click Here to read all about it.
movement? Nope nothing yet
food cravings? No cravings but when it comes time to decide what I'm going to cook for dinner NOTHING sounds good. Vegetables don't sound good at all. I guess fruit and carbs sound good.
gender predictions? Still going to say girl. I read somewhere that said if you have that pregnancy glow then it's a boy and if your beauty is sucked out of you then it's a girl. I definitely feel like my beauty has been sucked out of me lately.
what i miss: Sleep. I just want to wake up in the morning and feel rested. Insomnia and day time fatigue don't go well together. Being hungry and actually wanting to eat. I'm not so much dealing with morning sickness all the time, I just don't have much of an appetite.
what i'm looking forward to: Getting my step 2 boards over. I take the big test January 11th, so I have now become a hermit for the next 3 weeks.
how are you feeling? So I had my first experience with "morning sickness" this past weekend. I just felt awful and miserable, but thankfully it only lasted about an hour. I was able to fall asleep in the middle of it all and woke up feeling fine. Super exhausted. I have such a hard time getting out of bed in the morning.
Development this week: Today starts week 9 of development. The little one is now considered a fetus and has grown to approximately 1 inch in length, about the size of a medium green olive. The head is developing and taking on more baby-like proportions. This week tiny muscles are starting to form allowing the fetus to move his or her arms and legs, though it will be atleast another month until you'll be able to feel those little punches and kicks. The glorious sound of your baby's heartbeat might be audible via a doppler device at the doctors. (According to What to Expect When You're Expecting)

No comments:

Post a Comment