Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas in Texas

Eric and I drove to Dallas this weekend for Christmas with the family. It was easier for us to head out this weekend instead of Christmas weekend with Eric's work schedule and my busy board studying schedule. Which I am taking a short break from right now.

We had some exciting news to share with our family. If you haven't figured it by the previous posts or haven't read the previous posts then we have some exciting news to share with you as well. I'm Pregnant! The little one is due to arrive August 1, 2012. This was a huge surprise to everyone as no one was expecting this for at least another year or two.

Here is how we shared the news:

Eric's Parents: Eric's dad always hides money in the true for us to find, so we decided why not make them find something their gift in the tree. We hung a baby ornament on the tree and told them their present was hidden in the tree. Donna was the one that found it and her face was priceless when she saw it. She cried for about 30 minutes solid and then off and on all evening. Melvin didn't say too much. We asked him what he was thinking and he said just trying to think of all the toys I need to buy the baby. He is hoping for a grandson. :)

Rick & Alyssa: They are my brother and sister-in-law. I made a black long-sleeve shirt that said "Knocked Up." We went over there to spend the day with them and our nephews. We were there for probably five minutes. I wasn't paying much attention to Rick & Alyssa and was interacting with the boys. I had to use the restroom and when I walked back in Alyssa saw my shirt. She quickly jumped up from the couch shouting, "Are you pregnant?" while laughing. She gave me this huge hug and was so excited. Rick didn't say too much.

Brittnea's Parents: They knew we had spent the whole day with the boys so casually over dinner I said, "So Mom I heard you're going to be a grandma again." Expecting her to think of Rick and Alyssa. She just looked at me and said, "YOU?" I nodded and smiled. She squealed so loud and was crying. She immediately jumped up and gave me a hug and Eric a hug. My dad didn't say too much. (Notice a trend that the boys don't say too much.)

We have kept this secret for 4 weeks, and we are so glad to have it out in the open. It was so fun seeing the expression on everyone's faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment