3/4 C canned pear nectar (I couldn't find this at the store so I used cranberry nectar)
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup low-fat granola
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cup chopped pear
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Whisk together the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl
3. Stir both flours and sugar in medium bowl until no sugar lumps.
4. Mix in granola, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add pear, toss to coat.
5. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture until blended (batter will be thick)
6. Divide among 12 prepared muffin cups.
7. Bake until golden brown and center comes out clean about 20 minutes.