Sunday, April 17, 2011

What's Cookin' in the Kitchen?

Sorry I've been MIA lately. The last rotation was crazy and this one is just as intense, but I do have something exciting to share after a meeting tomorrow. Look for a post tomorrow.

As for meal planning. I've been doing the meal planning bit for awhile now, and we love it! I was able to cut down our weekly grocery bill 33%. I still wanted to find a way to cut down the bill even more without the time requirements of coupons. I don't have the time or patience to clip through coupons and keep them organized until that item goes on sale and then to remember that I have that coupon. haha That's just not me.

A friend introduced me to E-Mealz. It's an online site that posts meal plans along with the grocery list for that week. The meals are created around whatever is on sale at the grocery store you pick. This website does cost $1.25 a week to subscribe. You pay 3 months at a time, and then if you don't want to renew you don't. It has helped me save another 20% on our weekly grocery bill. That means our grocery bill is down 50% from when we started. WOOHOO! I also have gotten some really good recipes from it as well. Check out the website!

What's Cookin' in the Kitchen?

Sunday: Orange Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry

Monday: Shredded Pork Soft Tacos and Black Beans

Tuesday: Blackened Tilapia

Wednesday: Left Overs

Thursday: Greek Chicken and Red Potatoes

Friday: Date Night

Saturday: Shrimp Tacos

1 comment:

  1. We just started using E-mealz too! Which meal plan do you use?

    ReplyDelete