Wednesday, November 30, 2011

5 Weeks

how far along? 5 weeks, Wednesday 11/30/2011
how are you measuring? ????
size of baby? size of an Orange Seed
heartbeat? ???????
total weight gain/loss? 0
maternity clothes? Still wearing my normal clothes but my bras are filled out great :) There are some mornings I feel a little bloated but nothing major.
stretch marks? No. I ordered the Burts Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter
sleep?
So I'm finally getting over this head cold. I'm sleeping pretty good through the night. I'm not having to get up to go the restroom just yet. But man watch out. When I wake up, I've gotta go. In the morning when the alarm goes off I'm having a hard time getting out of bed but that's kind of normal for me. I haven't been woken up by the cramping any this week.
best moment this week? So we changed our appointment to next Friday. Eric's boss is a huge hunter and with today being opening day in Kansas, Eric can't leave the shop unattended this afternoon. Bummer! I would rather him be able to go though. We weren't wanting to purchase anything this early on, but we couldn't pass up the awesome black Friday deals. We went to Babys R Us and purchased a car seat/ stroller travel system. We also went to Nebraska Furniture Mart and purchased a crib/changing table combo. It matches our current bedroom furniture from Ikea. Eric got a call yesterday saying it came in, so we are going to pick it up this evening. We aren't opening anything yet and we still have the receipts. We rearranged our bedroom this weekend, well Eric did. He's not letting me pick up anything heavy. So excited!
movement? Nope nothing yet
food cravings? No cravings yet.
gender predictions? Still going to say girl.
what i miss: I miss being able to talk to people on the phone without having to be cautious about what I say. Most of you know I can't keep a secret, so I've been staying off the phone lately.
what i'm looking forward to: We have our "Confirmation of Pregnancy" appointment next Friday, so we are both excited for that. We cannot wait for Christmas to get here to tell our parents.
how are you feeling? So I had two episodes of painful cramping this past weekend but that's it. I think I was just on my feet and running around too much Saturday/Sunday. Felling pretty good now. I don't feel like I'm pregnant.
Development this week: Today starts week 6 of development. The crown to rump measurement has reached somewhere between a fifth and a quarter of an inch. This week starts the development of the baby's jaws, cheeks and chin. Little indentations on both sides of the head will form into ear canals. Small black dots on the face will form the eyes, and a small bump on the front of the head will turn into a button nose in a few weeks. Also taking shape are the kidneys, liver, and lungs. The tiny heart is beating 80 times a minute and getting faster each day.(According to What to Expect When You're Expecting)

1 comment:

  1. Be sure to drink lots of water. I cramped alot because I was dehydrated and didn't know it. I always drink 64 ounces of water a day. Even that wasn't enough during pregnancy for me!

    ReplyDelete