Wednesday, July 4, 2012

36 Weeks


how far along? 36 Weeks, Wednesday 7/4/2012  
Wow I can't believe we have less than 4 weeks to go.  This is flying by!  With everything that happened this last weekend, I don't think Baby Adcock will make it to August 1st.
how are you measuring? a loose 1cm, no longer a tight 1 cm haha (Doctor's words)
size of baby?Watermelon, 19-22 in, 6.5lbs 
(this is according to What to Expect but we all know Baby Adcock is measuring small)
heartbeat? 130s


total weight gain/loss? 31lbs 
maternity clothes? Yep.
stretch marks? Nope. Fingers crossed that I won't get any.
sleep? Well these last couple of nights sleep have been a bit rough with the anxiety that came along with everything that happened over the weekend.  The contractions aren't waking me up.  However, when I do wake up to re-adjust or go to the restroom I notice I am having contractions.  Then I lay in bed for a bit thinking about the contractions.  I lay there wondering ok is this the start of the real thing or is this just false labor.

best moment this week? I had my Kansas City shower on Saturday which was wonderful.  I am truly blessed with some amazing women in my life.  They showed so much love for this baby.  Thank you once again for those of you that helped host my baby shower.
movement? Other than the scare on Thursday night, the baby has been squirming.  I am no longer getting kicks and punches.  I am now getting squirms and wiggles which are so funny.  It's funny to look at my belly during movement.  Not only is my belly moving like the ocean but at times I will see outlines of an arm/leg rolling across.  That is the one thing I will miss about being pregnant, feeling the baby move all day.




food cravings? Vanilla cone from Sonic or McDonalds (and they're only $1)

gender predictions? I'm still thinking girl.  
what i miss: A good night's sleep.  Oh well I won't be experiencing that anytime soon.  We will have a newborn which means no sleep plus next July I will be starting residency.  YIKES!
what i'm looking forward to: I always look forward to doctor's appointments.  Eric even looks forward to that and if you know him you know he HATES going to the doctor.  I don't think he has been to the doctor since moving to KC except for the trip to the Urgent Care when Bauer bit him.  Our next appointment is on Monday.  I'm having to see another doc because my doctor is out of town until July 16th.  On Monday she told me this baby better hold off until she gets back.  haha!
how are you feeling? I have been taking it really easy this weekend and week.  I have been plopped on the couch which has been nice but VERY boring.  The doctor I am suppose to be with right now for rotations is on vacation, so I don't start back up on rotations until July 11th.  Unless...Baby Adcock decides to make his/her debut before then.



Development this week:  Today starts week 37 of development.  After this week of development, if baby were born today he/she would be considered full term.  Still gaining weight at about a half pound a week, the average fetus this age weighs about 6 1/2 pounds.  Fat continues to accumulate on your baby, forming kissable dimples in those cute elbows, knees, and shoulders, and adorable creases and folds in the neck and wrists.  To keep busy until the big debut, your baby is practicing to make perfect: inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid, sucking on his/her thumb, blinking and pivoting from side to side.     (According to What to Expect When You're Expecting)

1 comment:

  1. EEEP! Baby is almost here :) It has been so exciting to follow your pregnancy through your blog, Brittnea! I am constantly looking haha

    ReplyDelete