Monday, July 9, 2012

Emotionally Drained

WARNING: Honest post below.

So I knew pregnancy was going to be an emotional journey, but I did not expect the last few weeks to be like this.  As you have read with my earlier posts I have been having lots of braxton hicks or false labor whatever you want to call it.  I don't quite consider them BH since the timing of them fit more along early labor and they don't change with my activity level, they're just not causing any progress.

All of it is such a tease.  I've been contracting now for over a week.  I've learned how to ignore the tight belly.  It's when they get a little stronger with some discomfort that gets to me.  I think ok maybe this is the start of the real deal.  Lastnight I had a few good ones.  I thought ok so maybe this is it but I really didn't want to get my hopes up.  I decided to take a nice bath and try to go to sleep, and I was expecting to have to wake Eric up in the middle of the night with ok babe it's real.   My mind was racing all night long.  Nope nothing. :(

Obviously the pending labor is on my mind all the time.  It seems Eric and I think about it constantly.  It's hard enough to know I'm contracting but nope they don't turn in to anything impressive. It is just emotionally draining and I try not to think about the contractions.  UGH!

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel friend but don't worry and hang in there. God has the perfect time picked out for sweet baby Adcock to arrive! Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete