Monday, August 17, 2009

New to Bloggin & Proposal

Welcome to Brittnea and Eric's blog; the soon to be Adcock Home. I, Brittnea, will be the one posting most often. This is to keep you up to date with everything that is going on in our world.

So many people have blogs, but I did not want to create one for myself to turn around and create another one as "us." Now that we are engaged, I can have a blog. Below is a story of how Eric proposed with some pictures.




We got to Chicago Friday morning and did some sight seeing all day. Then that night we went on the dinner cruise. We were seated at our table, and the waitress told us about the boat. Eric looked at me and said, I don't think this is the package I purchased. He said he got a better package, so I told him to go talk to the hostess about it. He was gone for like 10 minutes. Our waitress came up and asked if everything was ok. I told her oh he just thinks he bought a different package, so he went to double check. I saw Eric and the hostess walk by. Then our waitress brought out the Captain's appetizer that came with our package. She informed me that things have been cleared up, and they know what package we got. She also said let me go find him to let him know things have been worked out. Eric returned and we ate our appetizer. He told me he talked to the manager who said whatever we need just let him know. He gave him a tour of the boat and Eric got to meet the captain. Eric said he was very nice and apologetic.

He then got up to go to the bathroom. He said his stomach was bothering him from the deep dish pizza we had at lunch. His stomach bothers him a lot after eating big meals, so I didn't think anything of it. He came back and we ordered our first course. We ate that and ordered our main course. He then said he was going to try to go to the restroom one more time before our dinner was served. Still I wasn't thinking anything about it.

The manager then came up to the table and introduced himself to me. He was asking how the evening was going and if everything was good. I told him yes things are fine thank you. He then asked for me to come with him so he could give me a tour of the boat. I thought he was just trying to be nice and apologize about the mix up with our package. Eric was still gone to the restroom; I wanted to ask the table next to us to tell Eric that I was with the manager when he returned. I was a little embarrassed. I thought this guy probably thinks we're so rude and just two demanding Texans. I wanted to tell him a tour was not necessary; that things are fine now that the package has been worked out. Well he took me up to the second floor where the piano and other dining area was. He also took me into the captains room. He said we could go in there if we liked later. He then led me upstairs to the outer observation deck. There were a few tables set up to sit at if you liked. There were about 3-4 workers on there and a few couples. The manager then said and Eric is waiting for you.

I walked up to Eric and said "Eric, what are you doing up here?" Remember I thought he was in the "bathroom." He then asked for me to sit down. He then proceeded to tell me how 2 1/2 years ago he became the luckiest guy in the world. He was so thankful how God placed me back in his life. He also said how two months after we started dating again, he knew I was the one he would marry. He also talked about how I have made him so happy in these past few years and how he looks forward to making me happy for the rest of his life. There was some other stuff in the middle. He then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I couldn't even get a yes out. I just shook my head and gave a little squeal. haha Five minutes later he asked, "you did say yes didn't you?" We sat up there for about 30 minutes just talking about all of the planning that took place to make this night happen. We then made the phone calls to our parents to share the news. They obviously knew it was going to happen tonight, but everyone was so excited!


This is me just so excited not long after he proposed. I could not stop grinning haha.


This was the skyline as we pulled back into Navy Pier. What a gorgeous view.


Everyone on the cruise was so super nice! This was our dessert for the evening.


The ring! He did an excellent job picking it out all by himself. I didn't even get to see the ring right after he proposed. We sat up there for about 30 minutes talking and it was dark. The ring was actually the last thing on my mind at that moment. I just could not believe it.

1 comment: