Sunday, August 23, 2009

Wedding Update

Ok, so I have a few updates for everyone. The biggest challenge has been trying to select a date. With my med school schedule and MBA class schedule it was hard. Before we got engaged I was thinking of my spring break which is February 20, 2010. After getting engaged we thought that might be too soon for me to plan out of state. I take my first set of boards at the end of May 2010, start MBA classes June 1, and finish all of my med school prep for clinicals June 11th. As you can see some of those dates overlap so there was no option there. I finish my MBA summer classes last week of July and start rotations August 1, so there's no time there. Eric and I thought ok how about I just miss a week of MBA classes. After talking to a third year, she brought to my attention wedding planning for a June wedding might interfere with board studying. I don't want last minute planning or just the excitement of the wedding distract me from studying or while taking the boards.

With all of that being said, we are going to shoot for February 20, 2010. This is the first Saturday of my spring break, so we will take our honeymoon during my spring break. I know it's quick but we can do it.

My mom flew up here on Friday so we could start planning. Friday night we set a budget and how much we will allocate to everything. There was a bridal show here, so we went to that on Saturday. Annie went with and she was a lot of help! Obviously we can't use any of the vendors here since it will be a Dallas wedding. We got some good ideas for wedding invitations. Those might be cheaper here from KC, so we might purchase those from here. We also saw a photo booth for the reception. We even got to get our picture taken, so I will try to scan those and post them later. I also got a characture drawn of me as a bride. Too fun!

Then after the show, the fun began. I have a friend from church that works as a bridal show. She did an awesome job. Thanks Sarah! She brought in about 5 dresses of different styles. The first one we all loved. During that first set we kept 2 dresses on the side. Then she brought out 3 more still different styles but with the parts that I liked from those 2 dresses. At about dress number 7 I knew I didn't want to try on that last one. I knew I wasn't wanting something like that. I then asked her to bring out one style that I hadn't tried on yet, and I'm so glad she did. I just loved it!

My mom even started crying because she knew this was "the one". Obviously I can't post a picture even though I want to so bad. I won't share any more details other than the color is DIAMOND WHITE.

Right now, I'm waiting to hear back from a few more churches, reception sites, and photographers. If you have any pointers of who to use in the Dallas area, let me know. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment