Sunday, January 10, 2010

Best Investment Ever!

As you know I am in medical school. I take my first set of boards at the end of May. It's an 8 hour test! This semester will be spent studying for this ONE test.

Kaplan offers a board prep class that reviews EVERYTHING! I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the class because it's $1200!!! YIKES! I decided to go ahead and take the class. Eric said I need to take this class so that way I will be prepared for the test.

We started the classes this weekend. This is what my schedule looked like: Friday 2:00-10:00, Saturday 8:00-4:00, Sunday 11:00-7:00. It was a weekend full of Pharmacology, drugs. WOW!!!! We have a 300 page book full of drugs.

After sitting through the lectures, I have to say this was the best decision I could make. The professor was excellent! His organization of the drugs made everything click. He cross-referenced things through out the entire weekend. I feel a lot more confident about drugs after sitting through this weekend. Now, I still need to review the drugs on my own but now I atleast know the organization and things to focus on.

My next Kaplan weekend is in 4 weeks! Say a prayer that studying goes well for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment