Wednesday, February 1, 2012

14 Weeks


how far along?
14 weeks, Wednesday 2/1/2012
how are you measuring? 14 weeks 2 days (The ultrasound on 1/18 showed the baby was measuring 2 days ahead)
size of baby?
Navel Orange, 4 1/2 in 2.5 oz
heartbeat? 151 as of 1/18
total weight gain/loss? + 2 lbs
maternity clothes? I have been wearing my maternity dress pants all week. I do have a few pair of slacks that are a size larger from last year before I lost weight, so I can wear those. My jeans still fit fine.
stretch marks? Nope. Still using Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter.
sleep?
I haven't slept all that great this week. I just can't get comfortable. It might be the end of my tummy sleeping. I'm still getting up once a night to use the restroom. Some nights it might even be twice.
best moment this week?
To finally be out of the first trimester!!!!
movement? Nope nothing yet. At night when I lay down, I place my hand over my lower abdomen hoping to feel something.
food cravings? Still loving fruit.
gender predictions? Still going to say girl.
what i miss:
Being able to stay up late with Eric. I've still been going to bed early even though my energy has been great during the day.
what i'm looking forward to: To have a true baby bump!
how are you feeling? I feel great! I am in total shock that I've felt this good. Still can't believe I'm really pregnant.
Development this week: Today starts week 15 of development. This week the baby is measuring 4/12 inches and weighs around 2 to 3 ounces. The ears are positioned properly on the sides of the head (they were once in the neck) and the eyes are moving from the side of the head to the front of the face. By now, the baby has the coordination, strength, and smarts to wiggle his or her fingers and toes and even suck on a thumb. He or she can also breathe or atleast make breathing movements, suck and swallow. All in preparation for the big debut and life outside the womb. Though it's unlikely to feel any movements, the baby is getting quite a workout: kicking, flexing and moving those arms and legs. (According to What to Expect When You're Expecting)


No comments:

Post a Comment