Wednesday, February 15, 2012

16 Weeks

how far along? 16 weeks, Wednesday 2/15/2012
how are you measuring? 16 weeks 2 days (The ultrasound on 1/18 showed the baby was measuring 2 days ahead)
size of baby?
Turnip, 5 in 5 oz
heartbeat? 151 as of 1/18
total weight gain/loss? + 4 lbs
maternity clothes? I am still wearing normal shirts. I wear the maternity pants to work just because they are so comfortable. My jeans still fit, so I haven't purchased maternity jeans yet.
stretch marks? Nope. Still using Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter.
sleep?
I've been sleeping pretty good this week. I don't think I even got up to use the restroom in the middle of the night this week.
best moment this week?
Ipassed my boards!!!!! WOOHOO!!! I also felt the baby move yesterday which was so exciting!
movement? On our way to church tonight, I felt a slight tickling. It almost felt as if it was a butterfly and the wings were tickling. It lasted for a good 5-10 seconds. It was so exciting. I felt it a total of 3 times.
food cravings? I've started having a sweet tooth. Anything that's chewy and sweet, starbursts! I'm also still eating lots of fruit.
gender predictions? Still going to say girl.
what i miss:
So I worked so hard this summer and fall to lose close to 20 lbs. Right now I feel like I just look fat BLAH! I feel like all my hard work is gone, but I know it's all for the baby. I'm just ready to look pregnant and not fat.
what i'm looking forward to: We have a doctor's appointment on Friday. So excited to hear the little one's heartbeat again. It will just make me melt.
how are you feeling? So my "butt" pain seemed to have eased up this week thank goodness. I have been feeling great this week. This is the happiest time in my life and I am enjoying every minute of it.
Development this week: Today starts week 17 of development. The baby is about the size of my palm. Body fat is beginning to form, but your little one is still quite skinny, with skin that is practically translucent. One skill the baby is sharpening is sucking and swallowing to get read for the breast or bottle. The heart rate is regulated by the brain and clocks in at 140-150 beats per minute. (According to What to Expect When You're Expecting)

No comments:

Post a Comment