Wednesday, May 9, 2012

28 Weeks

how far along? 28 Weeks, Wednesday 5/9/2012

how are you measuring? Right on track :)
size of baby? small cabbage, 17 in 2.9 lbs

heartbeat? 140's
total weight gain/loss? 21 lbs (yikes!!! )
maternity clothes? I think it is time for me to put away my one pair of pre-pregnancy jeans I have been holding on to.  I wore them this weekend and they were feeling somewhat snug.  I do however love sun dresses and free-flowing skirts.  Old Navy and Target have some cute ones, so I might just have to go shopping :)
stretch marks? Nope.
sleep?
I've been having some trouble getting comfortable right when I lay down for bed.  I usually toss and turn for 15 minutes or so and then I am out.  This week started back the nightly bathroom trips.  It's usually around 2:00 am that I wake up to go to the restroom.  Then after I get back to bed, I just lay there wide awake.

best moment this week? I received my first Mother's Day card in the mail this week.  Oh so sweet!  It's still crazy to think that I am going to be a momma in 12 weeks, give or take.
movement? This little one never slows down.  I am starting to get the arms and legs rolling across my belly which is so funny.  My belly will just move like a wave.  This week also started with the something hard bulging out and it's definitely a body part.  Then when I ever so gently press on it, it moves. haha
food cravings? Sweet Tea.  I have been on a sweet tea kick.  YUMMY!

gender predictions? I think girl.  So I posted a picture on the pregnancy message board I post on of my belly to get their predictions.  Most of them think it's a girl based on how I'm carrying high.  We will see in 12 short weeks.
what i miss: Being able to laugh or sneeze without having to think about squeezing so I don't pee haha

what i'm looking forward to: Putting the crib together.  I think it will get assembled this week!  Also, we now start the every other week doctor's appointments.  I also scheduled our appointment with a potential pediatrician this week.  The pediatrician here at school recommended her.  We will be meeting with her June 7th.  So excited!!!
how are you feeling? Feeling pretty good.  I've noticed lately I will get in a laughing fit where I just can't stop laughing.  It's usually something Eric has done or said that gets me laughing in the first place.  I think the hormones have something to do with the actual laughing fit though.  I'm starting to get to the point where my belly gets in the way at times, for example bending down to pick stuff up off the floor.  I feel like I have to bend down a certain way haha.
Funny story!  Lastnight we got home from meeting some friends for dinner, and Yeah-Yeah left us a nice little present in the corner.  I picked it up and flushed it.  I told Eric, I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to pick poop up off the floor.  He preceded to tell me well there are plenty of ways to bend down and pick things up and demonstrated a few for me.  He then stood in a straddle and said you can do the splits too (well I can't quite get that low but I bet you can).  I then started to do the middle splits to reach the ground.  He started freaking out and said don't do that with the baby, it might fall out.  So here I am sitting in a somewhat split laughing and then I feel like I'm about to pee myself from laughing.  He helps me get out of the splits because I am stuck and I am laying on my back with my legs crossed trying to hold it in and laughing so hard.  haha yep oh the joys of pregnancy.


Development this week: Today starts week 29 of development.    The little one can be as tall as 17 inches now and weigh almost 3 pounds (with Eric and I being smaller people I highly doubt our little one is quite that big).  Although pretty close to his/her ultimate birth length, within 3 inches or so, baby still has lots to gain.  Over the next 11 weeks, the little one will more than double in weight.  Most of that weight will come from the fat accumulating under his/her skin right now.  As the little one plumps up, the room in the womb will start to feel a little cramped, making it less likely that you'll feel hard kicks and more likely to feel jabs and pokes from elbows and knees.  (According to What to Expect When You're Expecting)
Drinking my glucose drink. haha
Notice my belly button is poking out haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment