Wednesday, May 2, 2012

27 Weeks


how far along? 27 Weeks, Wednesday 5/2/2012
how are you measuring? I was 26 cm at my 25 week appointment
size of baby?
Head of Cauliflower, 16 in (head to foot) 2.5 lbs
heartbeat? 143 (from last appointment)
total weight gain/loss? + 19.5 lbs (EEEK!!!)
maternity clothes? Yep all the way.  I can still wear a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans since they sit low.  I'm having to wear Eric's t-shirts for around the house as my smalls show my belly :(
stretch marks? Nope. Hoping it stays that way.
sleep?
I've been sleeping better this week.  Starting to get exhausted a little easier during the day though depending on my activity.  I've been going to bed early again. :(

 best moment this week? The baby bedding came in yesterday.  WOOHOO!!!
movement? All the time. When we wake up in the morning Eric always asks how the baby slept.  This morning Eric placed his hand on my belly and the baby kicked which is so fun.  What a great way to start off the day.  Then about 30 minutes after dinner is when the little one is the most active which is a great way to end the day.
I did have my first panic yesterday.  I wasn't feeling the baby move in the morning, so I drank some orange juice and laid on my left side for about 30 minutes.  I still wasn't feeling the baby.  I decided I was going to shower and get ready, and if I hadn't felt any movement by the time I was ready to leave I was going to call the doctor.  Right after I got up from laying down, I felt a kick.  WOOHOO!  Then last night we went fishing and the little one was squirming all around and super active lastnight.  He/she was just being sluggish yesterday.food cravings? Anything not healthy haha.
gender predictions? I think girl.
what i miss:
Not looking huge haha. 
what i'm looking forward to: Putting the crib together.  Eric doesn't want to put it together yet because then it will just sit there for another 14 weeks.  We have picked out the bedding yet have not purchased it.  I'm starting to get the itch to get things in order.
how are you feeling? Feeling pretty good. 
Development this week: Today starts week 28 of development.  Hello third trimester!!! All of the tricks include blinking, coughing, sucking, hiccupping and practice breaths.  Baby may be dreaming about us too, courtesy of the Rapid Eye Movement sleep.  The lungs are nearly fully mature by now, the baby still has a lot of growing to do.  (According to What to Expect When You're Expecting)

1 comment:

  1. I think you are having a boy. For most of my friends the low heartrate wives tale has been true! It was true for Pearson!!

    ReplyDelete