Wednesday, May 16, 2012

29 Weeks


how far along? 29 Weeks, Wednesday 5/16/2012



how are you measuring? 1 week ahead based on fundus height :)
size of baby? Butternut Squash, 17 in 3.1 lbs

heartbeat? 140's
total weight gain/loss? 22.5 lbs (I keep telling myself it's all for the baby)
maternity clothes? Yep.  I wish I had more dresses to wear to work because they are so much more comfortable.
stretch marks? Nope. Around my belly button looks suspicious for the start of some but not quite sure.  YIKES!
sleep?
I still wake up like clock work around 2:00 am to go to the bathroom.  The other night I was tossing and turning for about 45 minutes.  I just could not get comfortable.  I love sleeping on my tummy and that just is not an option anymore.  I decided to get up and go lay on the couch since it always seems I fall asleep on the couch before bed anyways.  Well I was out!  I woke up and it was 4:00 am.  I don't think I budged once.  Our couch is pretty comfy but I also think it helped having the back of the couch to lean against.

best moment this week?  Celebrating my first mother's day.  Some people say I'm not a mother yet because the baby isn't here.  Well Eric made the comment that I have been taking care of this little baby since the moment we found out I was pregnant.  He felt like that in itself qualifies me for being a mother.  He grilled steaks Sunday night for dinner and prepared dinner all by himself.  He also sent me off for a mani-pedi which was so relaxing. :)
movement? I started doing my "kick-counts" this week.  My doctor said now that I am past 28 weeks it's time to keep track.  So every evening when the baby is the most active I lay on the couch and I should feel some type of movement 10x within 2 hours.  One of my pregnancy apps has a kick-counter that keeps track of the time it takes to get the 10 kicks.  It's been so fun.  It's almost as if baby is trying to beat its current time.  The fastest I've felt 10 kicks/movements has been 1 minute and 12 seconds.
food cravings? Nothing really this week.



gender predictions? I think girl. 
what i miss: Exercise.  Eric and I went to the park last night just
to walk and it was somewhat depressing how winded I got just from our little walk.  Man am I ready to get back to running.
what i'm looking forward to: We are going camping Saturday with some friends from my school.  So excited to hang out with friends away from it all :)
how are you feeling? I am starting to feel the third trimester fatigue.  Man I am just so tired after doing the littlest things, ie. grocery shopping.  I'm also starting to get uncomfortable at times like when I have to bend over and pick stuff up off the ground.  My belly sure gets in the way.




Development this week: Today starts week 30 of development.  That means there are only 10 more weeks of development left.  WOOHOO!  What's 17 inches long and just over 3 pounds in weight?  The baby!!!  Also, baby's brain is getting bigger daily which is preparing for life outside the womb and for a lifetime of learning.  Starting this week, the brain is starting to look like one with grooves and indentations.  These wrinkles allow for future expansion of brain tissue that is crucial transitioning from the helpless newborn to responsive infant to verbal toddler to curious preschooler and beyond.  The bigger and better brain is also starting to take on tasks previously delegated to other parts of the body, like temperature regulation.  Now that the brain is capable of turning up the heat (with the help of that growing supply of baby fat), the baby will start shedding lanugo, the downy soft body hair that has been keeping him/her warm up to this point.    (According to What to Expect When You're Expecting)

No comments:

Post a Comment