Wednesday, May 23, 2012

30 Weeks



how far along? 30 Weeks, Wednesday 5/23/2012  (only 10 weeks to go!!!)


how are you measuring? 31 cm :)
size of baby? head of lettuce, 18 in. 3.2 lbs

heartbeat? 145
total weight gain/loss? 24 lbs
maternity clothes? Yep.  I even had to buy a bigger bra this last week.  One of the MANY perks of pregnancy. :)
stretch marks? Nope. 
sleep?
 I've been sleeping a little better this week.  I think I've finally figured out what position is the most comfortable.

best moment this week? We finished our birthing class this past Saturday.  After having those completed, it just seems so real.  Nothing will ever fully prepare us for labor, but the classes helped a bit.
movement? My favorite time of the day is kick counts.  It is so fun.  I have an app on my phone.  I am suppose to get 10 kicks within a 2 hour period.  I do them usually around 8:00 pm.  Currently the record is 10 kicks in 1 minute 13 seconds.
food cravings? SMORES, I think that's only because we have gone camping the past 2 weekends haha


gender predictions? I'm still thinking girl.  A lot of the women at school think girl because of how I'm carrying.  Only 10 weeks until we will know.
what i miss: My selection of clothes to choose from.  I feel like I wear the same thing all the time.

what i'm looking forward to: This weekend we do not have anything planned which is a nice change of pace from these last few weeks.  I'm excited to have just the weekend to ourselves.  We will hopefully get the bedroom closet cleaned out to make room for baby stuff.
how are you feeling? Feeling pretty good still.  I have started doing some stretches/exercises in the evening to help prepare.  I'm starting to get anxious and excited as well.  I have started thinking about our birth plan and what we would like for our experience to be like.  We are keeping a very open mind without too many requests since this little one has a mind of its own.


Development this week: Today starts week 31 of development.  Even though the little one still has 3-5 pounds to gain before delivery, he/she is weighing in at an impressive 3-plus pounds this week.  At 18 inches long (give or take), the baby is quickly approaching his or her birth length.  Also developing at an impressive clip these days: the baby's brain connections.  He or she is able to put that complex web of brain connections to good use too-processing information, tracking light, and perceiving signals from all five senses.  Your brainy baby is also a sleepy one, putting in longer stretches of snooze time, specifically in REM sleep-which is why you're probably noticing more defined patterns of awake and sleeping times.   (According to What to Expect When You're Expecting)

2 comments:

  1. Do you think you might do a post on why you're not finding out the gender and what you did to prepare for boy or girl? Nursery decor? Play pens? Strollers? Car seats?? I'm just curious! I think I found your blog through Katy Link @ thelinkhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete