Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day at Daycare


Today was Alexis' first day at daycare.  Eric and I were fortunate enough to find an in home daycare that we liked just 15 minutes from our house on the way to work for Eric.  She only has 3 kids that she watches with the youngest being a 9 month old.    She had her one month doctor's appointment this afternoon, so we thought today would be a great introduction to daycare since it was just a half day. (it would also help ease mommy and daddy into daycare as well)

Just got to Daycare 
This little girl was just so excited to have a baby there.

Alexis with the lady that will be watching her.

We got there at 8:30 this morning.  She stayed awake for quite a bit and slept for about 45 minutes in the pack-n-play bassinet.  Then she took her entire 3 oz bottle.  Played some more and took a really good afternoon nap for a few hours.  She said she had to wake her at 2:45 to eat her second bottle.  (She said normally she doesn't wake a little one to eat, but she knew I was picking her up at 3 to go to the doctor.  She didn't want me to have a fussy hungry baby at the doctor's office.)

So the first day of daycare went really well. :)  For mommy on the other hand.  I think it went well while I was there dropping her off.  I really didn't want to leave.  I felt like I kept stalling asking questions or telling her stuff.  Then once I got in the car the tears just wouldn't stop.  Daddy will be dropping her off on Wednesday and Thursday.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment