Monday, September 14, 2009

Engagement Pictures



We did engagement pictures this past weekend while I was in town. Our photographer is Jessica Hicks. She is amazing!!! I highly recommend using her. I have "stalked" her blog for at least 6 months. Eric and I loved her work we saw online, and then the actual shoot went great. Her personality was great and we had fun! She has a very different style. We didn't want something posed where you just sit and smile at the camera. Eric does not like getting his picture taken (what guy does), so I was worried how he would handle it. He said it was very casual with us laughing and giggling. We did some serious ones which was hard for us at first. The giggles would just come out. He was even throwing out ideas of some shots he wanted. I'm so glad he's the creative one. I can't wait to see all of the pictures. Don't worry I will post them on here.

I'm excited to see how the "save the date" idea turns out. :)

So for those of you in Dallas, you're probably thinking but it rained ALL weekend! It rained the entire time I was home Thursday-Sunday. Saturday I am thinking great should we even try to do the pictures. Jessica said she is willing to shoot in the rain if she has someone to hold an umbrella over her, so her equipment doesn't get wet. She also had a fabulous umbrella for us to use in the shoot. I have the best MOH!!! Amy came along to help out. We didn't mind the rain at all.

The weather actually held out on us. The first 2 hours it didn't really rain on us. I mean there might have been a very slight drizzle. Then we just used this great clear bubble umbrella. We were planning on playing in the rain after we got some great shots dry, but it never down poured during our shoot like it had all weekend.



I also had my hair and make-up done by the fabulous Tiffany with Smokin' Hot Makeup.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all you said about me! I already love you guys! I know I am going to LOVE working with you two the entire time! -Jess

    ReplyDelete