Monday, May 10, 2010

Meal Planning Monday

A friend of mine from high school always meal plans and posts it on her blog. Check it out The Link Home!

Since Eric and I got married, I've been meal planning. It cuts down on our grocery bill which would normally be outrageous because Eric eats ALL THE TIME! Usually around 4 o'clock on Sunday I sit on the couch in the living room with a few of my cookbooks flipping through to determine what I want to make for the week. Sometimes Eric will give me his input. I make the menu for the week along with the grocery list for those items and anything else we NEED. Then we go to Aldi's right across the street to get what we can from there. Then come unload and then to Walmart to get the remainder of the items. We use to just go to Walmart, but then started doing Aldi's first and started saving $20 a week on our grocery bill. You're probably thinking 2 grocery stores, that's got to take forever. Actually Aldi's is about a 20 minute trip since it's so small and Walmart is usually only 30 minutes because we don't have to get too much. I haven't yet tried the coupon thing. I just don't have the time to do that right now.

My meal plan really starts on Sunday, so lastnight I roasted a pork loin. Man if you've never done that it's so easy! Season it with salt and pepper, or my favorite... Wildtree Rancher's Steak Rub. Put it in a pan with about 1/2 cup of water and roast for 25 mins at 450. Then drop it down to 325 and add onions and squash or whatever else you want to. Cook for 45 minutes until internal temperature reaches 150. It was about $9 for a 4lb pork loin at Aldi's and we have plenty of food left over for the week. Ok back to the menu.

Monday Night: Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Squash and Salad

Tuesday Night: Lettuce Wraps with the left over Pork Loin

Wednesday Night: Buffalo Sliders

Thursday Night: Chicken Stew

Friday Night: Pulled Pork Sandwiches and I'm going to attempt sweet potatoe fries

Saturday Morning: Sausage and Egg Casserole

Saturday Lunch: leftovers

Saturday Dinner: Date Night!!!

We make enough for both of us to take left overs for lunch the next day. What's on your menu for the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment