Monday, May 3, 2010

Study Break

Sorry, I haven't posted in awhile. Things with school have been crazy. I officially finished medical school lectures last week. I took my last pathology practical today, my last OMT practical is Wed, and my last Final is Thursday. WOOHOO!!! After 19 years in school, and finally no more lectures. I start seeing patients in August.

Anyways, I took a study break today. I've been wanting to create a "garden" or however much of one you can in an apartment. Here is our new garden :)

I had some seeds here at the house, and then I bought a few more packets. I'm not sure if it's too late for this stuff, but we'll give it a shot. I planted Cilantro, Basil, Oregano, Tomatoes, Squash, Zucchini, and Bell Peppers. I bought this starter tray at Walmart for only $5! It has rounds of soil that you plant your seeds in to get them started. Once they get big enough then you can transplant them.


They come all nice and round with this netting around the soil, 72 to be exact. Then you add 1/8 of a cup of water to each one and let it soak in. The soil then expands and becomes rehydrated.

They then look like this. Then you have to pull back the netting around the top and plant your seeds.

After the digging in the dirt, they look like this. I should get some sprouts in a week or two. I'll take pictures and keep you posted on our little garden :)

No comments:

Post a Comment