Wednesday, April 4, 2012

23 Weeks

how far along? 23 weeks, Wednesday 4/4/2012
how are you measuring? 22 weeks 6 days (The ultrasound on 3/19 showed the baby was measuring 1 day behind)
size of baby?
Ear of Corn, 8.5in 1.5 lbs
heartbeat? 153
total weight gain/loss? + 15 lbs
maternity clothes? Yep all the way. Love them :) I am finally to the point where patients are asking me when the little one is due. It's so exciting!
stretch marks? Nope. Still using Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter. My belly button is completely flat. Then there is the nub that just sticks out haha. I had somewhat of an outtie belly button before I was pregnant.
sleep?
I'm back to getting up once in the middle of the night to use the restroom. I've been sleeping with a pillow between my knees which has been awesome. Makes me a lot more comfortable.
best moment this week? Eric has been feeling the baby move everyday. It is so fun that he finally gets to feel the baby.
movement? Yes all the time. I wonder when this baby sleeps. The baby did have the hiccups this morning or I think they were the hiccups. It was pretty rhythmic and I felt it in the exact same spot every couple of seconds.
food cravings? Sweets! Oh man have I got a sweet tooth. :/
gender predictions? I think girl.
what i miss:
Being able to run 5-6 miles. I'm really looking forward to lots of running after the little one gets here. I was really enjoying all the running I was doing in the fall.
what i'm looking forward to: To start getting stuff ready for the little one. We have been waiting on putting the crib together until after the 24 week appointment. 24 weeks marks viability, meaning the little one can survive outside of my tummy.
how are you feeling? Feeling great!
Development this week: Today starts week 24 of development. The baby gained about 6 ounces this week much of it coming from accumulating baby fat and the growing bones, organs and muscles. The baby's tiny face is almost fully formed and adorable with a full set of eyelashes and eyebrows and a good sprinkling of hair on that head. The hair is snow white right now, as there is no pigment in the hair just yet. (According to What to Expect When You're Expecting)

1 comment:

  1. EEEE! So exciting! :) You're just glowing, too, mama!

    ReplyDelete