Sunday, April 1, 2012

Call Me a Fisherman

I was out of town two weeks ago for a medical conference, and then this past week was pretty busy for me. I spent all day Saturday at a pediatric's conference. With my busy schedule, Eric and I didn't get to spend too much time together. We decided to get up early this morning and go fishing. We both love fishing and just spending that quality time together laughing, getting frustrated together and having fun.

We got up at 7 this morning. We told ourselves if we're not having any luck we will come back in time for the 11 o'clock service, but if we are catching quite a bit then we will go to the 5 o'clock service. I'm happy to say we went to the 5 o'clock service :)

So we get out there at about 8:30 and are getting all of our stuff set up. Then two guys join us in our little cove. I'm talking standing 3 feet to the right of me. This made us both pretty upset. Then they catch a bass within the first 10 minutes. It definitely was not the size of a keeper, but they took it up to their truck to keep. hmmm... Plus Eric and I both lost a float so we were pretty frustrated.

So we left that site and went over by the boat ramp. I think I lost another float right from the start. UGH! Eric was the first to catch a fish. He only had his line out for maybe 10 minutes and caught the first crappie. WOOHOO!!!! Looks like we might have found a good little fishing hole. We ended up keeping a total of 8 with the largest one being 12 1/2 inches (Eric caught that one). I caught 3 keepers. There were also maybe 5 that weren't large enough to keep that we threw back.



We had a great time fishing, and it made for a great lunch. Fried crappie, hushpuppies, and red potatoes with onions. YUMMY!!! Thanks for a great day of fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment