Wednesday, April 11, 2012

24 Weeks

how far along? 24 Weeks, Wednesday 4/11/2012
how are you measuring? 23 weeks 6 days (The ultrasound on 3/19 showed the baby was measuring 1 day behind)
size of baby?
Eggplant, 9 in 1.7 lbs
heartbeat? 153
total weight gain/loss? + 17 lbs (EEEK!!!)
maternity clothes? Yep all the way. My workout shorts are starting to get a little tight! YIKES!
stretch marks? Nope. Hoping it stays that way.
sleep?
I feel like I've been getting some pretty decent sleep lately. It's been nice, but I know that will be changing the bigger I get.
best moment this week? This week marks viability!!! The baby's lungs are producing surfactant. WOOHOO!!!!
movement? All the time. It still takes me by surprise and I love feeling the little one :)
food cravings? Sweets! Oh man have I got a sweet tooth. :/
gender predictions? I think girl. I think she was being shy and not wanting to show us the girly parts.
what i miss:
My workouts Eric and I were doing last summer and fall.
what i'm looking forward to: To start getting stuff ready for the little one. I want to go buy the bedding so bad!
how are you feeling? Feeling great!
Development this week: Today starts week 25 of development. The baby is growing by leaps and bounds, reaching 9 inches in length and more than 1 1/2 pounds in weight. Capillaries are forming under the skin and filling with blood. By the end of this week, the air sacs in the lungs will be developed getting ready for the first breath of fresh air. The lungs aren't ready for breathing yet. The lungs are developing surfactant, a substance that will help the lungs expand after birth. The nostrils are starting to open up this week allowing the baby to practice breathing. The vocal cords are now functioning leading to occasional hiccups. (According to What to Expect When You're Expecting)

No comments:

Post a Comment