Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Birth Story: Today's the Day!

2:00 am: I woke up to a contraction that was uncomfortable but not painful.  I thought lets time this.  Well I went 30 minutes until I had another one.  I thought nope not labor and started to think well so all of those contractions yesterday were for nothing.  I was somewhat bummed, but thought ok lets go to sleep no big deal.  I've been having this false labor for a few weeks now.  What difference is today from last week.

3:30 am: Woke up to a contraction.  Again uncomfortable but no pain.

6:00 am: I was woken up by a strong contraction.  I got up from the couch which was a task in itself.  Man that was painful.  I decided to take a warm bath and see what happens.  Contracting every 5 minutes even while in the tub.  Still not convinced this was the real deal.

We decided to get ready for the day like we were going to work and see how I was doing at 7:30 when Eric would normally leave.  While getting ready the contractions were getting stronger and were now about 4 & 1/2 minutes apart.

8:00 am: I called the doctor's office and left a message for the on call nurse midwife.  While waiting for her to call us back we decided it's time to go to the hospital.  Contractions were 4 minutes apart.  Eric pulled the car up and loaded our things.  The nurse midwife called back and told me to head to the hospital.  This is when I finally accepted the fact that I was in labor and we would be holding our little one at some point today.


Index

No comments:

Post a Comment