Wednesday, December 28, 2011

9 Weeks

how far along? 9 weeks, Wednesday 12/28/2011
how are you measuring? ????
size of baby?
Prune
heartbeat? ???????
total weight gain/loss? ?I'll find out at my appointment next week.
maternity clothes? Been having a little bloat some evenings but nothing too bad.
stretch marks? Nope. I have started slathering my stomach with Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter.
sleep?
So I've been getting up every night to use the restroom. I usually try to hold it which keeps me awake in bed for a little while before I do get up. I've still been restless, but I feel like when I am asleep it's great sleep.
best moment this week? Celebrating Christmas with Eric. We had a pretty low key Christmas day: church, nap, basketball, and a movie. Can't believe this was our last Christmas just the two of us. Next year we will have a little one who will be almost 5 months. Crazy!
movement? Nope nothing yet
food cravings? I just can't get enough Clementines. So yummy! Nothing sounds good to me at all and I haven't really had much of an appetite lately.
gender predictions? Still going to say girl.
what i miss: My energy. Come 3pm I'm beat. I've been taking a 30 minute catnap to keep me going.
what i'm looking forward to: Getting my step 2 boards over. I take the big test January 11th, so I have now become a hermit for the next 3 weeks.
how are you feeling? I've been feeling pretty good considering I'm pregnant. I've had some queaziness in the evening a few times this week but nothing horrible. I still haven't thrown up so that's good! I've been feeling kind of weak though but not much appetite. I feel like I'm having to force myself to eat something.
Development this week: Today starts week 10 of development. The little one is nearly 1 1/2 inches long, growing by leaps and bounds. Bones and cartilage are forming and small indentations on the legs are developing into knees and ankles. The elbows are already working. Tiny buds of baby teeth are forming under the gums. The stomach is producing digestive juices, the kidneys are producing larger quantities of urine and if a boy, the testes are producing testosterone. (According to What to Expect When You're Expecting)

(I will probably start the baby bump pictures next week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment