Wednesday, March 14, 2012

20 Weeks



how far along? 20 weeks, Wednesday 3/14/2012
how are you measuring? 20 weeks 2 days (The ultrasound on 1/18 showed the baby was measuring 2 days ahead)
size of baby?
Large banana, 7 in 11 oz
heartbeat? 148 (I took a doppler home from clinic. It was fun finding the little one's heartbeat)
total weight gain/loss? + 11 lbs
maternity clothes? I can wear my regular jeans still but maternity jeans are just so much more comfortable.
stretch marks? Nope. Still using Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter.
sleep?
I've been sleeping really good lately. I still catch myself sleeping on my tummy. I guess if I'm still comfortable why not.
best moment this week?
Feeling the baby from the outside was pretty intense.
movement?
I felt the baby from the outside for the first time tonight. I was laying on the couch on my side. My hand was resting on my lower tummy. It always seems my hand rests there these days. Then out of the blue a huge kick caused my hand to move a bit. I hadn't been feeling any movement prior to that. Just bam there's a kick. It startled me. That was the only time I have felt the little one from the outside. I can't wait for Eric to feel the little one.
food cravings? Mexican! But what's new?
gender predictions? I'm not really sure right now.
what i miss:

what i'm looking forward to: We have our ultrasound and doctor's appointment next Monday!
how are you feeling? Feeling great this week.
Development this week: Today starts week 2of development. This week the amniotic fluid differs from day to day depending on what I've eaten, and now that the baby is swallowing the fluid each day for hydration, nutrition and practice, he or she will be getting a taste of whatever's on my menu. Arms and legs are finally in proportion, neurons are now connected between the brain and muscles, and cartilage throughout is turning to bone. (According to What to Expect When You're Expecting)

No comments:

Post a Comment