Wednesday, March 28, 2012

22 Weeks


how far along? 22 weeks, Wednesday 3/28/2012
how are you measuring? 21 weeks 6 days (The ultrasound on 3/19 showed the baby was measuring 1 day behind)
size of baby?
Papaya, 8in 1.2 lbs
heartbeat? 153
total weight gain/loss? + 13 lbs
maternity clothes? Maternity pants all the time, but I am still able to fit into some of my regular shirts. The other day Eric and I went to the park for a jog and I realized I even look pregnant in athletic shorts and a t-shirt. YIKES!
stretch marks? Nope. Still using Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter. My belly button is completely flat. Then there is the nub that just sticks out haha. I had somewhat of an outtie belly button before I was pregnant.
sleep?
I had charlie horses like crazy this last week. I was at a medical conference last Wed-Sun, so I did a lot more walking around than usual. One night I was woken in the middle of night due to charlie horses in both legs at the same time, and then again right when the alarm went off.
best moment this week? I saw my belly jump on Saturday for the first time 3/24. It was so crazy to think the baby was doing that.
movement? Eric felt the baby move on Tuesday 3/27 and saw the baby move from the outside. It was so exciting!!!
food cravings? Sweets! Oh man have I got a sweet tooth. :/
gender predictions? I think girl. I don't know though. hmmm
what i miss:
Being able to run 5-6 miles. I'm really looking forward to lots of running after the little one gets here. I was really enjoying all the running I was doing in the fall.
what i'm looking forward to: To start getting stuff ready for the little one. We have been waiting on putting the crib together until after the 24 week appointment. 24 weeks marks viability, meaning the little one can survive outside of my tummy.
how are you feeling? Feeling great!
Development this week: Today starts week 23 of development. The baby's skin is a bit saggy, hanging loosely from his or her little body. That's because skin grows faster than fat develops, and there's not much fat to fill that skin out yet. Don't worry, the fat is about to start catching up. Beginning this week, the baby begins to pack on the pounds (which means you will too). In fact, by the month's end, your baby will be double the weight he or she is now. Once those fat deposits are made, the baby will be less transparent too. Right now the organs and bones can still be seen through the skin, which has a red hue thanks to the developing blood veins and arteries just underneath. (According to What to Expect When You're Expecting)

No comments:

Post a Comment