Wednesday, March 21, 2012

21 Weeks



how far along? 21 weeks, Wednesday 3/21/2012
how are you measuring? 20 weeks 6 days (The ultrasound on 3/19 showed the baby was measuring 1 day behind)
size of baby?
Spaghetti Squash, 8 in 1 lb
heartbeat? 153
total weight gain/loss? + 12 lbs
maternity clothes? Maternity pants all the time, but I am still able to fit into some of my regular shirts.
stretch marks? Nope. Still using Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter. My belly button is almost completely flat and not deep at all. Then there is the nub that just sticks out haha.
sleep?
I experienced a charlie horse for the first time this week. I was woken up in the middle of the night due to the pain. Eric panicked and jumped up asking what's wrong. I wouldn't even let him touch my calf to try and massage it out. It was hurting so bad. What makes it even worse is that the next day my calf was so sore like I had been doing one legged squats all night.
best moment this week? We had a doctor's appointment on Monday 3/19. This appointment included the anatomy scan. We however chose not to find out the gender. We are wanting to be surprised. It was so much fun getting to see our baby moving around. He/She wasn't wanting to show us their parts anyways. They were being shy laying on their tummy the entire time. Everything looked great!
movement? So I haven't felt it from the outside again but I definitely feel him/her all the time even in the mornings. I did flash my camera flash from the iphone on my tummy and immediately following the flash the baby kicked twice. So fun!
food cravings? Sweets! Oh man have I got a sweet tooth. :/
gender predictions? I'm not really sure right now. Maybe girl since"she" was being shy during the ultrasound
what i miss:
Being able to run 5-6 miles. I'm really looking forward to lots of running after the little one gets here. I was really enjoying all the running I was doing in the fall.
what i'm looking forward to: For Eric to feel the little one move.
how are you feeling? I'm still feeling really good. Now that the weather has been nice, we have been going out to the park at least twice a week. I've been doing what I like to call walk-jog. I walk some then jog a mile and then walk another two miles. It has been nice!
Development this week: Today starts week 22 of development. This week the baby has reached a whopping weight of 1 pound and a length of nearly 8 inches. The baby has developed senses including touch, sight, hearing and taste. He/she may grab onto the umbilical cord and practice the strong grip that will soon be clutching your fingers. Though it's dark in the uterine cocoon, fetuses this age can perceive light and dark. The baby is hearing my voice and Eric's, my heart beating, the whoosh-whoosh of my blood, gastric gurgles, the dog barking, sirens, a loud TV. The baby is beginning to taste whatever I eat through the amniotic fluid.(According to What to Expect When You're Expecting)

No comments:

Post a Comment