Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pregnant and Camping

Eric and I really got into camping last year. We have a lot of fun getting away from things, having fun during the day and sitting around the campfire in the evenings. It took some convincing on my part for Eric to agree to go camping. He didn't think camping was something I should do while pregnant. The weather was in the 70s and I'm only 20 weeks pregnant. It's not like I'm miserable and it's in the 100s. It didn't take too much convincing. I left my phone in the car, so I only got a before and after picture.

We met some friends out at Hillsdale Lake just south of us on the Kansas side Saturday afternoon. I had to teach social skills Saturday morning, so we drove out there after the classes. Yeah-Yeah loves to go camping. He was so excited!


We got out to the campground a little after 2. As you can tell in the picture above, we took our fishing polls. We walked down to the water to try our luck out at fishing. It seems we are starting out the new fishing season just the same as last year. Nothing! I had Yeah-Yeah on the leash at the bank with me. I had the handle to the leash squeezed between my knees while I was fishing. When I was reeling in the pole, Yeah-Yeah thought the float and minnow with the brightly colored jig was a toy so he jumped into the lake. Thankfully he did not get the minnow or the hook. I lost the leash and he is in the water splashing around. Then he got stuck on a log. He was straddling the log and he just could not figure out how to get off the log. Eric had to walk into the lake to get him off the log. Haha what a funny guy!

We took the boards for bag toss out there with us and one of the other couples had washers. We had fun playing that for the remainder of the afternoon. Then it was time to get the fire going for dinner. I made some stuffed jalapeno peppers wrapped in bacon. (You can't go camping without stuffed peppers) Jenny brought some hotdogs and turkey dogs and then some asparagus. Then of course, what's a camping trip without S'MORES. I love S'Mores and couldn't go camping without the fixings.

We didn't sleep that great, but when do you ever sleep well while camping. Yeah-Yeah just gets so excited about every little noise. He would lay down for about 15 minutes, hear something and then get up. Oh Well! As long as he had fun right?

Here's the little stinker on our drive home.

I'm so glad we were able to go camping. Hopefully we can get in another camping trip before it gets too hot or I get too big.

2 comments:

  1. We went camping when I was 23 weeks pregnant with Olivia it wasn't too bad. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love my hairy grandson!

    ReplyDelete