Wednesday, June 20, 2012

34 Weeks


how far along? 34 Weeks, Wednesday 6/20/2012  


how are you measuring? 34 cm 
(We are doing a growth scan next week to check on the baby's growth since I only grew 1 cm in two weeks.  This isn't a huge worry; the doctor isn't concerned.  She knew I was wanting to get a weight estimate so this will give us a way for insurance to cover an ultrasound.)
size of baby? Large Cantaloupe, 19-22 inches, 5.5 lbs
heartbeat? 140-150s, the baby was super active and the heartbeat was all over the place (which the doctor said was good)
total weight gain/loss? 29 lbs
maternity clothes? Yes.  I don't like wearing my maternity dress pants for work.  They're not as comfy as the dresses. haha
stretch marks? Nope. Still hoping I don't get any
sleep? I am now getting up about 3 times every night to use the restroom.  I usually go right before I start getting ready for bed and then I will go one last time before getting in bed.  Then I usually get up at 12, 2, and 4.  UGH!  Oh well I guess I'm getting prepared for those night time feedings.

best moment this week? Eric and I were able to get so much done this weekend to get ready for baby.  That was a lot of fun.  Then on Monday I had my pre-admission appointment at the hospital.  I am now registered at the hospital!  Then tonight we did a maternity hospital tour, so we know where to go when "It's time!".
movement? It's funny to see the changes from week to week as the baby is running out of room.  I just love being able to feel the baby moving around all day.
food cravings? Nope nothing this week.

gender predictions? I'm still thinking girl.  Hopefully less than 6 weeks until we know.
what i miss: Not having that man I need to use the restroom ALL the time feeling.
what i'm looking forward to: Getting to see Baby Adcock next week for the growth scan.  No we are not taking a peek to find out the gender. :)
how are you feeling? I am still feeling pretty good over all.  This week I have spent some more time out at the clinic seeing patients all day which really makes me tired by the end of the day.  I'm also starting to get some pressure down low.  I feel like I fidget a lot to get comfortable when sitting.  I think the baby has started to drop.

Development this week:  Today starts week 35 of development.  The baby is standing somewhere around 20 inches and continues to follow the 1/2 pound-a-week plan, weighing in at about 5 1/2 lbs.  While growth will taper off when it comes to height (the average full-termer is born at about 20 inches), the baby will continue to pack on the pounds up until delivery day.    Something else he/she is packing on with the few weeks remaining are brain cells.  Brain development continues at a mind-boggling pace, making baby a little on the top-heavy side.  And speaking of tops, its likely your baby's bottom is.  Most babies have settled into a head-down, bottom-up position in the pelvis by now.  That's a good thing, since it's easier on you if baby's head (the biggest part) exits first during delivery.  Here's another plus: baby's head may be big, but it's still soft, allowing that tight squeeze through the birth canal to be a little less tight. (According to What to Expect When You're Expecting)

No comments:

Post a Comment