Monday, June 11, 2012

Do you know what you're having?

Nope...I get this question all of the time.  My response is always, "Nope, we want it to be a surprise!"  Then I get to hear it all.  What you're crazy....How can yo not find out...So how are you decorating...You can't dress them in all yellow and greens...

It kind of gets annoying to hear everyone's opinion as to why I need to find out the gender.  This is our baby, and no we don't want to find out the gender.  We want to be surprised!  You always know Christmas is coming and that you will get gifts but you typically do not know what you are getting. The two deliveries I assisted on that the parents did not know the gender were so fun for everyone in the delivery room.

We decided there are not too many surprises left in life, so why not let this little miracle be a surprise.  Also I didn't want to hear the oh you're having a boy, they're so much fun (what about girls, they're just boring?)  Oh you're having a girl, little girls are such a blessing (and boys aren't?).  We just want a healthy baby and could care less if it's a boy or a girl.  Either or will be a blessing from God. 

Eric was the one that mentioned not finding out the gender and the more I thought about it I decided ya that will be fun.  I am a major planner as in I had already figured out when the best time would be to have a baby prior to talking to Eric about trying etc. haha  Everyone has been so shocked that I did not find out because I do have to have everything planned out and organized.  It really has not been that hard to plan things.  I actually think not knowing the gender has been a blessing in disguise.  I have not bought every cute little outfit I see since we don't know the gender.  It has saved us a ton of money! haha

1. Nursery:  When we began looking at bedding, I was never drawn to the all pink/blue decor.  That just wasn't me.  I loved the earth tones and neutrals as well as animals.  This is what we decided on for the nursery decor.




2. Stroller: Again I was drawn to the brown and sage green.  This was back when I was still in my first trimester, so we hadn't 100% totally agreed on not find out yet.


3. Clothes:  We have not purchased too many clothes.  We have about 15 gender neutral onesies to get us through that first week in newborn size as well as sleepers.  I will purchase a going home outfit in both genders to have ready to go.  Once the baby is here, then Eric can wash which ever one is appropriate.  We can then always take the other one back.

4. Names:  We have a boy and a girl name picked out.  Carter Douglas or Alexis Jean  Both of the middle names are our middle names that have been passed down.

5. Toys:  Majority of the toys that we registered for are animals and bright colors, so they don't really matter if it's a boy or a girl.


After reading this post, do you think you could go without finding out the gender?

2 comments:

  1. We aren't finding out the gender ((that's the goal anyway)). My hubby is coming more on board... I'm like you in that I'm super planner, so a lot of people think I won't make it. I'm using that as motivation to prove them wrong!! I'm hoping to do a yellow and gray nursery with turquoise accents. Hopefully we will do giftcard showers, and then of course the bigger items we register for. Thanks for this post!!! It does seem like everyone has an opinion, but I guess that's life. :) Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't not know...it never seemed like an option for me because I'm one of those people that just has to know! I would love the surprise in the delivery room though so I totally understand your decision and applaud you for having such patience!

    ReplyDelete